Pool Deck are a very popular choice for recreation in temperate climates. It is important that pool decks are always safe, decorative and protected from harsh chemicals and elements. Depending on the size, budget, requirements and decorative scope of work, there are many different options for residential and commercial pools. It is also very important to have the correct coefficient of friction to ensure safety.
Life Deck pool coating systems have been used on thousands of pool decks. Many Las Vegas Casinos owned by MGM and Caesar Property Group use Life Deck Coatings such as the heat reflective 28 series, resurfacing systems, sealers, and waterproofing systems. Most popular is the 28 series heat reflective deck coating that covers many of the famous casino pool decks which reduces the temperature 20-30% on the surface.
If the pool deck is on a second floor, is situated on an upper level, or subterranean parking is below, Life Deck MC pool deck coating system is a great option to waterproof the substrate. Or, if a pool deck has hundreds of cracks, Life Deck anti-fracture membranes are a great way to help prevent cracks.
Why Get Pool Deck Coatings
The right pool deck coating product can offer the following advantages to the property:
- Safety – Because of the constant exposure to moisture, floors in pool areas have the tendency to become slippery over time. Choosing a pool deck coating option that has the right friction coefficient will reduce the likelihood of slipping which protects people from injury and property owners from liability.
- Comfort – As with the previously mentioned heat-reflective deck coating option used by casinos in Vegas, our products can help reduce the heat absorbed by the floor surface and make the area feel more comfortable for both staff and guests.
This is the popular choice for businesses in locations that receive a lot of sunlight.
- Durability – Between the water, the harsh chemicals, and the elements, pool areas endure so much on a daily basis. Using our swimming pool deck coatings can help keep the floor area protected from cracks that will get worse otherwise.
These coatings also keep the water from seeping through and doing even more damage to the substrate and even potentially causing leaks if the pool deck is elevated.
What We Recommend
Here are our top coating recommendations for pool decks:
- MC System – This fiber-reinforced deck coating system is incredibly flexible and is designed for concrete decks. It has the popular 28 series as the topcoat, enabling the system to reflect heat. It is designed for both commercial and residential use.
- FM System – This all-acrylic system is designed to be applied in steps to ensure that the deck stays waterproof. With simplicity and performance at its core, this pool deck coating option works well with plywood or concrete.
- Custom System – Each pool deck has distinct characteristics that can require special attention. We will take these characteristics into account and recommend the perfect mix of coating options to maximize their use based on the needs of the area.
Protect Your Pool Deck
Keep your pool deck area safe, comfortable, and durable with our coating options. Find out more when you contact us.